Our client, Quality Street, transformed the former St Vincent's United Presbyterian Church Road into flats. Built in 1864, the church, with its carved angelic faces and large white angel above the main window, is a well-known landmark.
In the 30 years prior to development, the church had been used as an office and distribution centre for a book retailer, and the B Listed building had fallen into disrepair.
We worked with the developers to design 20 apartments - mainly single aspect over two levels to retain the feeling of space and grandeur inherent in the original building - fitted with luxury kitchens and bathrooms.
Refurbishment work included repairing the original fabric of the building and re-using features such as stained glass in the entranceway and in some living rooms.
Charing Cross, Glasgow